Topic Options
#2613 - 08/21/10 03:09 PM 365 Blocks $14.95 software requirements
Kay Offline
stranger

I've foundation factory 2 which can with Mariner Compass from Carol Doak book....is that the same as the software required to install 365 blocks?

Also, which of the software sold by Quilt Pro is not compatible with CD's provided by Carol?

I'm on the path of purchasing a very very basic quilt software where it offers free projects, includes a huge number of quilt patterns in the library.

Basically, i prefer selecting from a library then creating my own as I'm still trying to get familiar as to how to mix-match blocks. I only do foundation piecing aka paper piecing. Getting tired of point stars.

#2614 - 08/23/10 09:56 AM Re: 365 Blocks $14.95 software requirements [Re: Kay]
LindaB Administrator Online   content
veteran

Hi Kay,

The *The Block of the Day* collection requires either Quilt-Pro, 1-2-3 Quilt or Foundation Factory. Foundation Factory is what is used for the Carol Doak Mariner Compass Stars Cd.

However, Foundation Factory is only used for printing paper piecing patterns. You can not create quilts or combine blocks with it.

If you are looking for a very basic quilting software, try 1-2-3 Quilt. With it you can create quilts and print the templates, foundation patterns, or rotary cutting instructions you need to make them. It comes with a few sample quilts and you can use the blocks from both Foundation Factory and *The Block of the Day* collection.

1-2-3 Quilt has a 30 fully functional trial included so you can try the program to see if you like it. If you decide to buy, you don't need to download it again, just purchase a serial number and activate the program. Very easy. You can find information about 1-2-3 Quilt here:

http://www.quiltpro.com/page/123_Quilt_mainpage

I hope that helps.

Moderator:  LindaB