Topic Options
#3072 - 03/09/16 10:02 AM Software problem with quilt wizard layout.
Arleners Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
I have QP6 v 6.0.8 running with Windows 10 home. When I use Quilt Wizard to create a single block repeat from an open block, the quilt I get is set on point. I have played around with it, and if I change the Quilt Wizard to on point, and then back to straight, the quilt then displays the way I want it. The block itself is set as a standard square block.

Any idea why this happens? I can overcome it, but it is a pain when I am working on a project.

#3073 - 03/09/16 11:28 AM Re: Software problem with quilt wizard layout. [Re: Arleners]
LindaB Administrator Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Arleners
I have QP6 v 6.0.8 running with Windows 10 home. When I use Quilt Wizard to create a single block repeat from an open block, the quilt I get is set on point. I have played around with it, and if I change the Quilt Wizard to on point, and then back to straight, the quilt then displays the way I want it. The block itself is set as a standard square block.

Any idea why this happens? I can overcome it, but it is a pain when I am working on a project.

Hi Arleners,

When a block skews as you describe there are usually extra patches or lines that extend beyond the block drawing. Sometimes you can see them, sometimes they are very small. They are due to beginning and/or stopping a drawing unintentionally. The way to tell if this is happening is use Edit/Select all so the program will place a selection box around all the lines and patches the program recognizes.

If the selection box extends beyond the block, you will have to select the extra patch or patches or lines and delete. The extra are usually around where the selection box ends.

Moderator:  LindaB