Topic Options
#3117 - 01/18/17 08:21 PM can't get block to fill
texaslise Offline
stranger

Loc: south central TX
Trying to reproduce a block from an old quilt. Most of the pieces in the block are triangles; they worked fine. Having trouble with one parallelogram that goes across part of the block and another partial one that deadends into the edge. Could do the latter one as a rectangle + a triangle, but would rather avoid extra seams if I can. Tried using line, and triangles to fill the area, but these don't want to snap to grid. Just have a block with triangles and grid between them.Suggestions, please! I have not seen this block in any of my blocks books. Thanks

#3118 - 01/19/17 09:54 AM Re: can't get block to fill [Re: texaslise]
LindaB Administrator Online   content
veteran

Hi Lise,

I created an image for you to look at because I thought it might be easier to visualize what I'm talking about.

Once complete, you'll be able to color the patch.

#3119 - 01/19/17 03:43 PM Re: can't get block to fill [Re: LindaB]
texaslise Offline
stranger

Thanks, Linda! I was using the line. I finally just filled it with triangles to be able to use the block in a layout. Will use this method tonight.

#3120 - 01/20/17 09:28 AM Re: can't get block to fill [Re: texaslise]
veteran

Lines will work but harder to use because all the lines have to be selected and then Joined for the patch to become solid so you can color it and use it as a template.

Read up on joining lines in the help topic named:

Join Curves and Lines

I received your quilt images over email and they are AMAZING! Beautiful work, thank you for sharing. Is it OK if I post them here in the forum? If not that is OK too. I won't post them unless you say it is OK.

#3121 - 01/20/17 12:51 PM Re: can't get block to fill [Re: LindaB]
texaslise Offline
stranger

Thanks so much for your tips and for your kind words, Linda. Post them, hopefully it will bring more Quilt-Pro users back to the Forums and inspire others to get clicking. Please note that these were initial quilts, with little regard for size. Also, some have errors which were corrected later.

#3122 - 01/20/17 01:13 PM Re: can't get block to fill [Re: texaslise]
veteran

Lise,

Thanks for permission to post them. I'll be creating a gallery folder to add them to.

Moderator:  LindaB